WERA Visiting Researcher Award
As part of WERA’s and IEA’s efforts to contribute to the advancement of educational research, we jointly offer academics the opportunity to visit the IEA Research and Analysis (RandA) Unit in Hamburg, Germany, and the Diversity in Education Research Lab (DiVER) at University of Hamburg. This award enables visiting researchers to develop their own research project while benefiting from the individual support of IEA and DiVER Hamburg experts working in different fields related to international large-scale assessments, especially with a focus on diversity in education.
To qualify for the visitor award, the applicant will need to:
· Work on a research project related to IEA- and/ or DiVER studies during your stay;
· Obtain the necessary visa and arrange your own travel to Hamburg, Germany;
· Present proof of valid medical insurance coverage for the stay in Germany;
· Be able to communicate fluently in English and/ or German.
To be eligible, you must meet all four conditions. If you cannot meet one or more of these conditions, please consider postponing your application until you can comply with all of them.
Note that applicants from Global South countries are explicitly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please provide the following documents:
· Letter of request, including the preferred dates for your visit, the general objectives of your visit, and the specific activities you would like to focus on;
· Your CV with a record of publications (if applicable);
· A proposal or research protocol referring to the focus of your visit. This must include the following items:
- Literature review;
- Expected results.
· The proposal must not exceed 2,000 words.
Please send all documents via email to email@example.com. Applicants are requested to insert ‘WERA-IEA-DiVER Academic Visitors Program’ into the subject of their email when submitting the application.
For more information please refer to the attached document or visit the IEA website (www.iea.nl).
DEADLINE: 31 January 2019