Educational PhD – Building an Evaluation Framework for Educational Innovation Projects in Higher Education
The applicants should have a background in learning science or educational science, and support the Delft 4TU.CEE team with consulting and running research projects in different areas, among which: educational technologies, ethics education for engineers, entrepreneurial engineering education, and challenge-based learning.
The candidate should bring curiosity for learning within the engineering sciences, and bring quality into conceptualisation, design, implementation and evaluation. The candidate should have experience in education research and a solid toolkit for research in educational innovating projects for planning, monitoring progress, and evaluation. The candidate is also expected to present the project progress at academic conferences and further develop expertise in scientific publishing of research results and documenting studies.
The base of the PhD candidate will be in the Delft faculty of Architecture & the Built Environment, but the candidate will be expected to spend time in all Delft faculties where 4TU.CEE projects are executed. The candidate will participate in the Delft Graduate School. Additionally, the candidate will present and discuss progress at the 4TU.CEE activities and events. After the first year, the candidate will have to submit to an evaluation process, assessing the research work for its quality and scientific rigor. If approved, the elaboration and completion of a PhD thesis are expected to take approximately three more years, in total, including a successful defence of the dissertation.
- MSc in Educational Science, Learning Science, or comparable
- A proven interest or experience in education evaluation and/or evaluation frameworks
- Strong research methodological skills and proven experience with qualitative research methods
- Affinity with or curiosity for a broad range of topics within the engineering sciences and engineering education
- Good command of English, reading, writing, and speaking
- Good command of Dutch is a plus
- Strong communication and networking skills; the candidate can move in our pluralistic communities of engineering educators (4TU.CEE project leaders), educational scholars, and 4TU.CEE management
- A cover letter (2-page max), including a vision statement on the evaluation of education innovations and an explanation of why you fit well with the project.
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Your master thesis or a paper/journal article that you authored
- Names and contact information of two references
For showing your interest or for more information about the vacancy please contact dr.ir. Remon Rooij (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 17 November 2021.